Thursday, August 11, 2005

More Accomplished - Getting closer

Yesterday and today I made significant progress on hooking up my furnace and glory hole. It's looking like somebody could make some glass here one of these days. Andy came out Tuesday and is helping me program the annealer. I don't know what I would do without him! I did some welding on "Scriv" (the furnace) and got my gas line braced up. I fabricated the blower assembly for the furnace - (I hope it works). I've made what seems like 274 trips to Lowes, Home Depot, Locke Supply, and the 2 Westlake Hardware stores getting connection and parts. If I could start working on stuff in the morning and get a full day in, it sure would make it easier. By the time I take breakfast caterings and lunch caterings for the restaurant and unload everything it's usually around 4 or 5 or later. By then, its still hot and my body tells me I need to sit down in the chair for just a little bit (yeah, right!) Next thing I know it's 1 or 2 hours later and I think I better do something even if it's wrong. Anyway . . .

Linda and I took Boy up to N.E.O. on Tuesday and Wednesday to get him in college. Apparently he has the biggest refrigerator in the Athletic dorms. That's cool when you need to eat like he does. We really miss him. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

Once I get a little more order to the place I will post some pictures.

Looking forward to ignition.

No comments: