Sunday, February 19, 2006

More Pictures







Here's some more pictures. The first photo is a red bud vase with green body wrap. It's beautiful! I haven't been able to get into photoshop and change the orientation of the photo yet (That's why it's sideways) I may do it or not. If you have a LCD flat screen monitor you can easily pick up the monitor and turn it counter clockwise and look at the vase correctly.

Picture #2 is a bowl with Opal Nile Green optic molded and a black lip wrap. I'm looking forward to exploiting this color combination. I think it will make some pretty light fixtures!

Picture #3 is awsome! It is a commission piece for Mike Stanley for his valentine. It is a fluted bowl with curry on the inside, black on the outside, and a curry body wrap! It's from the "Tiger Stripe" series. It rivals the black with cream body/lip wrap commission pieces for Lucia that were posted on this blog on Dec. 18th, 2005. I look forward to doing more with the Tiger Stripe Series!

Picture #4 is a valentines gift for my youngest daughter Krista. It matches the animal print theme in her room.

Picture #5 is a valentines gift for my oldest daughter Kim. She loves brown and pink. I think the color combo rocks!

Gonna be doing some more better stuff as time goes on. I've been blowing more light fixtures in for the restaurant. I have also been blowing matching bud vases and will be blowing matching oil lamps in time. Each booth will have a themed light fixture, vase, and oil lamp.

We're doubling the square footage of our restaurant and I am looking forward to more of a retail presence for the glass and doing more decorating and uping the atmosphere a notch or two.

Looking forward to Andy Boatman getting his new furnace this week. Micah and I will be making a trip to Blue Sage Studios to make sure he's on track! Ha! Ha! We will really be going to get him to help us stay on track.

I went to Bixby this last Friday and finally got me a piece of 304 stainless steel plate 1/2" thick that is 2' x 3' for my marving table. I will be upgrading my marver soon.

I have had 3 folks ask me about glass blowing lessons this week. Thanks for the interest! Possibly late spring or summer. We'll see.

Thanks for checking out my blog.
CM

2 comments:

andy b said...

Fantistic progress! That is some very pretty glass. Leaps and bounds my friend. Leaps and bounds!

Bella Forte Glass Studio said...

DAD!~
thanks for the lovely valentine glass vase and bowl!!!
we love them!
LOVE
your #1 daughters!!!