Thursday, December 15, 2005

I Finally Have A GBB (Glass Blowing Buddy)

Hello Everybody!

Micah my son is home from college as of Wed. this week. He is really great help! He has been helping me do lip wraps. Wednesday he got home and we worked for about 6 or so hours. Today we worked for about 3. My furnace and glory hole is outside and with the temp down to 25 degrees like is was tonight, it is hard to blow thin glass. The cold wind just sucks the heat out of the piece. We made two really good ones and lost the last 2 due to the cold. Live and learn. One day I'll have everything enclosed in a nice glass studio with a decent consistent temp.

The pieces are getting better. I have been selling a lot of glass at the pizza shop. I have sold about 10 or 12 pieces this week. Sure helps pay that gas bill. Thanks to all who buy.

I'm going to be giving demonstrations this Saturday for Micah's 20th birthday. Also busy blowing Christmas presents. I'll get some pictures posted one day soon I hope. I have started blowing some earth tones and marble like colors. Really Neat! There for a while I was liking (and still do) the bold bright contrasting colors. Last night and tonight I blew some art deco kind of colors. I really like them. They are classy and classic and timeless.

The restaurant (Italian Jim's Pizzeria)has been really busy. This week, M-F we have had 36 caterings. I haven't had a chance to work out in 2 weeks. Still doing my best to maintain that boyish figure. Had a great visit with my good friend Ross Hill today. He is opening a new branch for his bank (Bank 2) over by our property on Morgan Rd and SW 15th sometime in the first 2 or 3 months of next year. If you want to be treated like you are a important person and a valuable customer at a bank - Go to Bank 2. Ross, Ranell, Fran, Steve, Chanel, Mary, etc.. (I could go on and on) are truly awesome. Not getting paid for this just giving credit where credit is due. Ross thinks Italian Jim's has the best pizza! No brag . . . Just Fact!

Well, I got to go. My arm is tired from patting Ross and myself on the back so much.

No comments: