Sunday, January 29, 2006

Expansion!

Hello everybody!

I've been really busy the last month. Our restaurant, Italian JIm's Pizzeria has been steadily increasing in business. (Up slightly over 30% in the last 3 months!) We have now acquired the space next door to us and doubled our square footage. Micah (my son) and I have been doing all the remodeling ourselves and still finding a little time to blow glass. Micah has become very adept as a glassblower's helper. He helps me with all my lip wraps and making transfers. I'm glad he's back home again.

Quite a bit of glass sold over Christmas and I've also had a number of commission pieces to make. Thanks to all who have ordered and bought. Things are going well and I am getting a pleasing amount of interest in the glass at Italian Jim's Pizzeria where I have some on display and for sale. I am blowing lampshades for the hanging light fixtures and will be decorating the new space at Italian Jim's with blown glass light and art.

I have a new green color that is metallic! It is awesome! The pictures of it do not do it justice. It's full glory is realized in the sunlight. I have a picture of it with a red lip wrap on this blog, I am putting other photos of some work that I have done.

Burning the candle on all three ends,
Chris McGahan

(I'VE TRIED OVER HALF A DOZEN TIMES TO UPLOAD THE NEW PHOTOS - IT WON'T FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON) I WILL TRY AGAIN LATER. I HAVE ALMOST A DOZEN PHOTOS TO POST. HOPE IT WORKS NEXT TIME.

THANKS
CM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.